[closed]

100% Height?

(6 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by soupking
  • Latest reply from soupking
  • This topic is not resolved
  1. soupking

Hi Everybody,

I hope this one's posting. I tried this a couple times before and it didn't post.

This is probably a no brainer for many, but I can't seem to get the #content portion to go completely to the bottom of the page.

I've done 100% on an array of #IDs in the layout and default files. However, it's stubborn. Is there a quick fix to this in WP that I'm not aware of?

I'd love to know.

Thanks for any help! :)

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. lama

Have you tried html, body {height: 100%;} ?

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. kwight

Do you mean that #content isn't automatically the same height as your longer sidebar?..

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. soupking

I'm trying to get the whole page to fall flush to the bottom but can't seem to make that happen:

here's the site:
    http://apexsportsmanagement.com/?page_id=5

Some pages cut-off if they're not long enough. I'd like the body to go flush to the bottom where hopefully the footer would be.

I've tried all kinds of crazy. height, min-height for all included id#s as well as html body...Just can't get it to go.

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. sounds like you are running into the sticky footer dilemma... which has been plaguing designers for years.

chris offered a thematic-specific solution a year ago (which i stumbled back across as I was just trying to get sticky footers myself recently), but i don't think it is quite right.

still it might help:
    http://forums.themeshaper.com/topic/sticky-footer#post-2667

there is also this:
    www.cssstickyfooter.com

but it would require modifying thematic markup which i am not too keen on, so haven't tried.

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. soupking

yikes, yeah I built a site for pmcaonline.org a long time ago and still couldn't get it then.

That's exactly what I'm dealing with. It's either it won't stick, or if it does it goes straight through the bottom of the page, fixed, with no sense of boundary.

I won't edit markup, been dealing with too much round-and-round as it is. I'll send this to myself to do tomorrow. Getting late. Thanks though, I really appreciate it as it's something I've never figured out in even one browser.

Oh, an hey, if you're ever in WP editor, stay away from the "Review Changes" button, that thing is a nightmare. Just use a tab or hit the "visit site" link in the upper left. That's another noob thing that people should know so they don't break things. :)

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.