ThemeShaper Forums » Thematic

[closed]

2 Column, category-specific home page, possible?

(3 posts)
  • Started 14 years ago by overthinkingme
  • Latest reply from overthinkingme
  • This topic is not resolved

Tags:

1. Hi everyone,
    First post and sadly it is due to my inability to learn PHP, I'm trying.
    This is not a theme modification request and, much less, a custom theme request. More like a request to be pushed in the right direction.
    Here's my issue:

I currently have a photoblog up that features my photos and it uses Thematic and the A Simple Love:Mono child theme.
    I also recently helped a friend setup a blog to feature some of his music, here, using the Mixtape Theme by Allan Cole.
    Demo screenshot

I really liked the fact that his theme kept his blog & music separated into two columns based depending on which category they were put under.
    I would love to implement that on my theme to keep photoblog posts and regular blog posts separated.

I read some articles about using multiple loops and to be quite frank, I don't understand much. I know html and css enough to read through the stylesheet thanks to the myspace coding days, (lol), but PHP is a beast I believe I haven't even scratched.

Would anyone be so kind as to help me out at least by pointing me in the right direction or letting me know if Thematic would facilitate something like this?
    I appreciate all and any help.

Thanks in advance, I apologize if the thread is inappropriate.
    Jose H.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. The layout aspect of this is being dicussed over here:

http://forums.themeshaper.com/topic/different-layouts-for-different-pages-issue

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. My question doesn't involve the layouts throughout different pages, mine is specific to the content within the columns in a page. If anyone knows a possible method, it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.