ThemeShaper Forums » Thematic

2 Column Powerblog?

(5 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by rgregory
  • Latest reply from jb1013
  • This topic is not resolved
  1. rgregory

How do I drop that third column in the powerblog?

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Sorry for answering so late ..

Which 3rd column do you mean? The one in #leader or #secondary or the thrid one in the footer?

Cheers,

Chris

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. rgregory

I'm at work, so I can't upload and play around.

"3 Column layout with a Crown Aside (or sidebar) resting above the 2 traditional sidebars"

One of the two traditional sidebars. I'd like one Traditional sidebar and don't care about he crown really.

Thanks Chris.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Add float:none to #primary and #secondary .. adjust the borderlines and the width of #primary and #scondary and remove or comment out the line add_action('wp_head','childtheme_scripts'); in the functions.php.

This will give you the 'traditional' primary and secondary asides in one column.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Chris thanks for your post here. Got me going in the right direction for something I was trying to do. What I wanted was a single single Sidebar on the Pages of my site and the 2 column sidebar with the Crown Aside in the Blog Section. I was able to accomplish that by adding the following.

body.page #crown {
    display: none;
    }

body.page #primary {
    float: none;
    border-width:0 1px 1px 1px;
    width:314px;
    }

body.page #secondary {
    display: none;
    }

body.page .main-aside {
    }

body.page #sidebar {
    margin:0 0 0 -314px;
    }

In my case I ended up using display:none on the #secondary aside and #crown aside, and using Widget Logic I added

!is_page()

to all the widgets in those asides. So no actual content was hidden in the source that could have adversely affected SEO.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.