ThemeShaper Forums » Thematic

[closed]

960 Thematic...

(3 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by ravenousravendesign
  • Latest reply from proto
  • This topic is not resolved
  1. I'm thinking of and actually trying to merge thematic and 960gs . I am editing the the thematic php code (not the child theme).

Do you think this will interrupt updates to the theme? So long as I don't interrupt any other code, do you think this could cause problems? If so, what kind?

Maybe I am out of the loop on some important information, but i noticed there are 960 GIF images in library/grids but no 960 files. What the heck am I suppose to do with images?

My main objective for merging 960 and thematic is to be able to utilize all the power of thematic while being able to have the option of adding grids to full width pages if I so desire. I completely aware there are other 960 WordPress templates, but I am loyal to thematic.

Thanks for your feedback!

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. If you edit any of the files in the thematic folder and Themeshaper releases an update to the theme and you choose to update the theme, you will wipe out all of the changes that you made. This is the precise reason for using a child theme. This way if the theme developer releases any updates you get the new functionality but also get to keep your customizations!

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. proto

Hello Ravenousravendesign,

I concur with Siguy, I use 960.gs with Thematic and it works great! If you build a child theme that uses the 960.gs system you can keep your styling but get updates!

Images aren't too much of a problem - here's a site I'm building for a client (it's still early days) but see the images in the four corners. I've designed it so the client can update the images just by updating their categories and adding images to feed through to the homepage:

http://www.universalonewebdesign.com/bespoke-design-three/

Best of luck with it all!

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.