I am new here and have only used thematic a couple of times to convert or stylize wordpress according to my html site template. I am having a coupl of recurring issues. Not knowing php, I am not sure if i have been going about this all wrong, but here's what I've got;
My current HTML theme http://www.sabrasanchez.com/test
My thematic theme(using child theme) http://www.sabrasanchez.com/blog
1. created child theme added css, js, img,
2. placed html header, footer in corresponding .php files in thematic
3. placed sidebar content in topsidebar.php file
Here are the issues I'm having;
1.The footer is displaying "posted in... links" (cant seem to figure out where to get rid of this, and it appears to be dividing my footer in half?
2. Tried adding sidebar content to text widget, it shows up but the page doesn't flow with it? And it causes the footer to repeat..
3. Appears to be a line / bar appearing at the top of page content looks like it's due to the page title <h2> tag - how do I get rid of this?
4. There is a little house on the navigation bar, how do i get rid of this?
Thanks in advance for any help! I am driving myself crazy trying to figure this out!