ThemeShaper Forums » Thematic

[closed]

CONTEST: Best Thematic Filters & Hooks...

(1 post)
  • Started 4 years ago by sfrangos
  • This topic is not resolved
  1. [CONTEST THREAD]

Hello All -

We are starting to use Thematic a lot more for our clients, and I would like to give back some to the community in a way that we can all continue in our education for, and development with this great theme. So...

____________________________________________________________________________
    ANNOUNCING: Contest for Best Thematic Filters & Hooks for Child Themes
    ****************************************************************************************

PRIZES: $30 Amazon Certificate for 1st prize, $20 Amaz. Cert. 2nd Prize, $15 Amaz. Cert. 3rd Prize

SHORT RULES:

• You must present original code here, with link to example (jpg or working site)
    • DEADLINE: Jan. 30th 2010 (You may post more than one Filter or Hook)
    • JUDGING: I will pick favorite 5-7, based on how useful it is for actual visitors to a website, it's uniqueness, and quality of coding. Then I will post my picks here on Jan. 30th 2010, and ask the readers of this thread to make final votes within two days. I will tally the votes to pick the top 3 place winners, announce here and send you your Amazon G.C.

That's it. For an example I will post what your entry should look like with an example I use often with credit to Chris who helped me get it right.

SUBMISSION TYPE: Thematic Child Theme Functions Hook

PURPOSE: Adds both a "Contact" line and a Search Form to the Header area

CODE

// First we make our function
      function childtheme_contact_blurb() {

{ ?>

<!-- our contact blurb starts here -->
      <div id="header-contact">

<form method="get" id="searchform" action="<?php bloginfo('home'); ?>/">
      <input type="text" size="put_a_size_here" name="s" id="s" value="Search here" onfocus="if(this.value==this.defaultValue)this.value='';" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value=this.defaultValue;"/>
      <input type="submit" id="searchsubmit" value="Search" class="btn" />
      </form>

</div>
      <!-- our contact blurb ends here -->
      <?php }

} // end of our new function childtheme_contact_blurb

// Now we add our new function to our Thematic Action Hook
      add_action('thematic_header','childtheme_contact_blurb', 6);

?>

SCREENSHOT OF HOOK IN ACTION: http://cmswebsitesolutions.com/images/ContactSearch.png

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.