Hi All -
1. The new site is up, and since it was earlier reported on the boards here, I will announce it in this thread: http://thematictheme.com
2. Rumor also has it that Ian Stewart has submitted a long overdue upgrade of the parent Thematic Theme Framework to the repository
3. As promised earlier in this thread, I have learned to work with Mac based app for SVN work (I am command line impaired), called Versions -- see: http://versionsapp.com/
* It provides a nice visual interface, and once you get the workflow concepts down things work real well
* I will write up a tutorial with screenshots on using it for newbies, at the new site
@nimmolo -- sorry your post here went two months with no reply, but I think you can help by downloading and testing Thematic and related child themes. And yes... the community is embracing "mobile stylesheets" with an eye on "responsive design" and CSS3. You will see some threads on that here, and at the new home, I imagine. Also, see this review of a new child theme, base theme that incorporates these concepts: http://thematicmondo.com/thematic-child-theme-responsive-base/
Finally, I again call on the Thematic team to please, please state road map, milestones with dates, and communicate more frequently to the community.
Look... it's understandable when things happen and we all go missing from open source projects, but the key is to appoint a willing team that will cover when one member has a conflict and keep communication and messages pumping out to the Thematic community.
Here's to 2012 being a great year for the Thematic framework.