ThemeShaper Forums » Thematic

[closed]

Excerpt Thumbnails in 0.9.7.5

(14 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by EricH
  • Latest reply from bigdanprice
  • This topic is resolved
  1. I'm using the 0.9.7.5 version of Thematic and I've added in a featured image to be used throughout the theme I'm working on. Is there an easy way to change the thumbnail image(entry-thumb)that's used with excerpts to something other then 100px X 100px? Or is this controlled by Wordpress? I've change the thumbnail size in media and that didn't work.

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. you are on the right track. but WP creates the files at the sizes define when you upload the image. it doesn't resize them after you change the media size. so you need to change the media size and then use something like this plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

to regenerate your thumbnails at the new size you desire.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Thanks again helgatheviking. That did the trick. The only strange thing is there's a class added to all the images .attachment-100x100 and the a width and height of 100 is hard coded onto the image. Not a big deal I can override it with css it's just not real semantic to use .attachment-100x100 and then change the image size to 250 x 250. I'm not sure if it's Wordpress or Thematic adding the class.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Hi Eric,

There is a filter for that.

function child_post_thumb() {
        return array(200,200);
    }
    add_filter('thematic_post_thumb_size','child_post_thumb');

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_post_thumbnail
    and it's use in thematic_content() found here: thematic>library>extensions>content-extensions.php

There is also a thematic_post_thumb_attr filter for the attribute parameter.

-Gene

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Great em Hr
    That's exactly what I was looking for!
    Thanks

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Thank you!

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. This works great, but Im getting a problem with the thumbnail over lapping the next post... any thoughts?

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Or even better is there a function to move the thumb image elsewhere?

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. where do you want to move it? you probably need to clear:both on .hentry or something. hard to say w/o a link.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Im trying to position the thumbnail to the left of all the excerpt content including the page title..., as a larger image,

Link

I want it to look like this...

Hope that makes sense.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. you're in maintenance mode so i can't see the site

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Apologies!
    Its open now.

Thanks for your help.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. still can't see your site, but if changing the CSS to float: left isn't enough for your thumbnails you will need to change their position in markup by filtering thematic_post (inside the thematic_content() function)

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Thanks for the info, site is password protected, but Ive been messing about with filters after reading some of your other posts, and I think Im finally getting there!

Thanks again, your always the first to help on here, it really is appreciated.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.