• Started 4 years ago by Deirdre
  • Latest reply from Deirdre
  • This topic is not resolved

Tags:

1. Deirdre

Hey again -

Hope all of you are faring well!

So, I have two issue regarding extra space:

1) There is excessive space between the posts on the home page that I'd like to remove but cannot figure out how to do it other than pulling the footer up, which I'd rather not so as not to conflict with any additionally pages.

2.) There is a large amount of space beneath the footer, which used to be sticky, I believe. I assume it has something to do with the class elements I have put in the footer, but am not sure how do work it otherwise. Anyhoo, I'd like the footer to be sticky again.

Oh, and one last question. Is it possible to have the height of the home page fixed, while having the other pages fluid? I figure I could restrict the height which would bring up my footer on the home page (though I'm assuming it wouldn't solve the space problem below the footer).

Thanks so much!

~Deirdre

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. amygail

Deirdre it would be helpful if you can post a link.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. Deirdre

LOL - I was coming back in to do just that, because I realized I didn't post it while letting the dogs out.

http://sanslux.com/

Sorry!

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. Deirdre

While I'm figuring the above out, another question came up. The client wants the footer to be static on the home page, while maintaining a constant equal distance from the header - *and* for browsers where the page is too short to fill the screen, wants the footer color to stretch to the bottom, while the footer images and text are aligned top. Did that make sense?

I know my first priority is sorting out the problem in the posts above, but once that is figured out, I need to find a way to do this. There are a few suggestions around the net, but I don't want to start editing more of the core Thematic .php files if there is a specific way to do it within this theme.

Also, I appreciate all the help I've been given, thus far. Thank you!!

~Deirdre

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.