ThemeShaper Forums » Thematic

Help with " Gallery" theme chnaging 125 size to 500

(11 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by metrolay34
  • Latest reply from MaxiesGal
  • This topic is resolved
  1. metrolay34

i want to change the default size of 125 x 125 to 500 x 500 in the homepage to display a bigger thumbnail.

http://myspace.rtutorials.co.cc/

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. metrolay34

i have another questions to about the new icon the thumbnails get at the corner. Do i have to make an archive and does the new icon remove itself.

thank you

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. amygail

Have you been to Chris Wallace's (the designer) site?

http://www.chris-wallace.com/2009/05/05/gallery-11-now-available/

maybe there's already an answer there (in the comments)

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. metrolay34

i checked in the comments and i found nothing

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. amygail

Did you post your question there?

I'm not using that theme - but it looks like you need to change your functions.php - around line 107 -see where the thumbnail size is? Change that to the size you want.
    You'll probably need to make some changes to the css as well..

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. metrolay34

someone already posted that question and didn't answer but thanks for trying

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. amygail

Did you try the fix I suggested? - (Changing the size in functions.php)

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. metrolay34

9. metrolay34

OK i got the problem with resizing fixed thanks amygail i tried the function's and i just needed to change two things one in the css and functions.php. I just have one more problem the title doesn't show when my mouse hovers over the pic look at my site:http://myspace.rtutorials.co.cc/. I am pretty sure i just have to change something in that code at the bottom but i tried but I'm not good at css.

thanks,metrolay34

.not-singular .entry-content a span.slide-title{
    position: absolute;
    top: 300px;
    left: 3px;
    width: 226px;
    line-height: 1em;
    color: white !important;
    font-size: .8em;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    z-index: 0
    }

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. metrolay34

Thank you amygail i fixed the problems and thanks for all the help

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. Amy or Metro,

I'm hoping please that either of you could help a frustrated n00b with clarification of exactly what sections of functions.php and stylesheet.css you made changes to, in order to resize your thumbnails.

I want my thumbnails to be 3 across and the same width/length as is found at the mixcss.com site. I noodled around with Firebug but the lightbulb isn't going off yet.

I found 2 instances of thumbnails in functions.php at 125x125 and 1 instance in stylesheet.css at 125x125.

Also, when in ‘full image’ mode, at the lower right, where it has the 'go left' or 'go right' arrows’s, I’m confused as to how the order is determined ? Where do I gain more control of this ?

This is my first time working with posts and categories. In the past I pretty much brute forced my themes into CMS look and feel. Is the WAY I set up my posts the reason I'm experiencing the 'go left' or 'go right' arrows quandry ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
    Cat

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.