Dear forum users,
I'm creating a site with a child of the great thematic theme. It's going to be a prepress related blog along with my portfolio. Here's the link: http://www.kubawu.pl/
I'm using WP 3.01 and thematic 0.9.6.2. I know how to handle HTML+CSS (well, sort of) but PHP is a new thing for me, so I have used google a lot to get to this stage. Now I don't know how to continue, so please if you could just nod me in the right direction...
- Home (single page set as home)
- Prepress blog (single page - set as index for posts)
- Portfolio (single page with separate template and own set of posts)
- Contact info.
- Menu on top with four main pages
- sidebar and footer widgets with prepress blog categories, recent posts etc.
- Teasers from prepress blog in home page content.
1. I want to insert portfolio content as posts.
2. I want to separate and exclude portfolio posts from the rest of the site (searches, archives, navigation widgets etc.).
Point 1 seemed easy, I've added a custom loop to the portfolio template which displays posts from selected category. Now I'm stuck on point 2. I've tried with custom php widget, but it only sorts out the navigation and needs plugin (trying to be as "default" as possible).
What's the proper and simple way of achieving such a goal? Is category sufficient for that or should I start looking for different solutions?