ThemeShaper Forums » Thematic

JS & CSS Compression with PHP Speedy (and the Thematic Sliding Panel)

(3 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by CircleReader
  • Latest reply from Ian Stewart
  • This topic is resolved
  1. Hi, Ian -

I've just installed the PHP Speedy plugin, and while the site seems to be faster, the Sliding Meta Panel is stuck open.

Is there a particular file name I should tell it to ignore in order to prevent this?

Also, any pointers for a newbie like me about using such a plugin to best effect with a Thematic blog?

I was thinking that the multiple style sheets in use by Sandbox/Thematic/Custom-Child-Theme could use a little compression, but was disappointed to see that @import is not supported by the plugin. I know Thematic uses it extensively, but I don't know how to evaluate the impact of that situation, or improve on what this plugin might have to offer. Does that mean that the plugin's effect is limited to the custom child theme CSS, without affecting the others?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. I'm going to have to take a look at the javascript for that meta panel. It should be in no-conflict mode and not have any problems.

As far as compression goes, I use Super Cache and have no problems with it. But you don't have to use @import. You can just use style.css and copy whatever you need into it. Or write your own. It doesn't matter. I only use @import for it's convenience.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. I installed PHP Speedy on my home server … with no ill effects. What settings were you using? I let it handle the inclusion of JS libraries and then left everything else as the default.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.