ThemeShaper Forums » Thematic

List All Child Pages (Title&Custom Field) on Parent Page

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by ggamel
  • Latest reply from ggamel
  • This topic is not resolved
  1. Hello there,

In the process of designing & developing my new site, I've designed all of my page templates and I'm now trying to make the best use of Thematic & WordPress functions to help make my life easier and my website slicker/smarter.

This is a combo blog/portfolio website, and as such, I have created a page aptly titled "Portfolio." My portfolio views are different than the "Blog" view, therefore I created a custom page template for my portfolio items, and created Child Pages under the "Portfolio" Parent Page (also a custom page template).

So the structure looks something like the following:

-Portfolio (Parent Page)
    --Item 1 (Child Page)
    --Item 2 (Child Page)
    --Item 3 (Child Page)
    --Item 4 (Child Page)
    --Item 5 (Child Page)

I'm going to create a custom-write panel to insert custom fields for each portfolio item page. That aspect I believe I'll be able to implement without much trouble (thanks to the guide at WeFunction).

My trouble is the following:

How can I create a listing of *all* Child Pages on the "Portfolio" page, making use of the best-practice Thematic & WordPress functions? I need to pull the Page Title & Custom field for each item in order to list them on the "Portfolio" Parent Page.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to Thematic, but I'm a quick learner. Thanks so much.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. I've found a very promising core WP function at http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_pages which should help me create my own function.

Thanks.

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.