ThemeShaper Forums » Thematic

Localilzation

(10 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by pauloc
  • Latest reply from Chris
  • This topic is resolved

Tags:

  1. Hello, I was trying to correct/update the spanish traslation file and both es_Es.po (mispeling case) and thematic.pot give me a weird error on poedit. I've tryed in Ubuntu and Win XP versions of poedit and seems that the file is broken. Also I downloaded them from the SVN and gave me the same error.
    May I use other editor?
    Any help is wellcome.
    Paulo.

    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Hey,

    haven't got any reports 'bout problems with the language files or the .pot until now.

    Could you please try this WordPress plugin? Codestyling Localization

    It allows you to edit the language file in the admin area of WordPress.

    Cheers,

    Chris

    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Hi, Chris, I've downloaded and installed it, wow! it's a great plugin.
    But... it doesn't allow me to rescan any of the thematic files, although it let me scan any other po files.
    It says "You do not have the permission to read the file '[...]/blog/wp-content/themes/thematic/es_ES.po'.", but the folder has same permissions as other folders with po files.
    I also upload the complete thematic folder to see if there is any estrange file/folder permissions.
    There seems something is wrong whit this.
    Thanks for your effords, Paulo.

    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. Hi again. I've been seeking witch can be the problem and I've seen that the plugin shows the translations, but when editing or scanning looks in the wrong folder "/wp-content/themes/thematic/es_ES.po".
    If I move the .po and .mo files to the thematic root folder, the plugin scans well, but... thematic doesn't found the .mo file in that location (obviously).
    Ok, but seems to be a problem with the plugin, my be a bug.

    My problem is still that poedit can't handle correctly the es_ES.po (misspelled in the repository as es_Es.po) file nor thematic.pot file. If I refresh the .pot from the sources I get an error about file encoding: "input files contain messages in different encodings, UTF-8 among others".
    Hope this helps.

    Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Tried it myself .. the message coming up while you're refreshing the .pot against the sources has nothing to do with your problem.

    I tried to work with the Spanish language file and ran into the problem you reported. As far as I understood the error messages the language file is broken. Unfortunately I don't understand enough 'bout the internal format / keywords to figure out how to solve this problem.

    Actually I'm trying to install gted to see if this editor enables me to rescue at least a part of the translation.

    Cheers,

    Chris

    Posted 5 years ago #
  6. I don't know the hell what I did to POedit .. finally I was able to refresh the Spanish language file against the current .pot .. If you drop me a mail at chris (at) wupperpiraten (dot) de I'll send it over to you!

    Cheers,

    Chris

    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. Sent the Spanish language file to the SVN.

    Please let me know, if this file works for you.

    Cheers,

    Chris

    Posted 5 years ago #
  8. Hi, Chris, seems to work fine. I've sent you by email the corrected files, please if you can, upload them to the repository.

    Posted 5 years ago #
  9. Paulo, thanks a lot for your help! Will send the files to the SVN asap.

    Cheers,

    Chris

    Posted 5 years ago #
  10. Updated Spanish translation is available from the SVN.

    Cheers,

    Chris

    Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply

You must log in to post.