I have to confess that thematic is quite a great theme framework, and, the support forums are super too! [why didn't I start using thematic before?].
Well, I'm trying to 'hard code' the sidebar of my child theme [still in development], to have some widgets present by default, instead of the usual widgets [search, categories, meta] that appear by default. I would like to have:
-On Home Page
- Newsletter Sign Up: Title, Some Text, and the 'sign up' form[single field, and button]
- Calendar of Events: Calendar
- Request Resources : Title, Some Text and Internal links
- Gallery: Title, 75x75 thumbnails = 2 cols x 2 rows, redirecting to a 'gallery' page when clicked. [Can Use a Plugin here]
-On [Posts]Single Pages
- Category Description: Current Category Title, Category Description
- Similar Articles: Titles to 4 articles in the same category
-On Level 1 Pages
- Subpage Menu: Title Text, 1 level list menu of subpages
- Other Text Widgets
With the above setup, will I need to create different 'page' templates for each scenario?
How can I code the sidebars?