ThemeShaper Forums » Development Talk

[closed]

Thematic 0.9.7.6 is online - Important Release Notes

(35 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Chris
  • Latest reply from helgatheviking
  1. wprunner

Why isn't this code added to the Thematic child themes created by Ian, like "Thematic Power Blog"? Should we add this code to them?

define('THEMATIC_COMPATIBLE_BODY_CLASS', true);
    define('THEMATIC_COMPATIBLE_POST_CLASS', true);
    define('THEMATIC_COMPATIBLE_COMMENT_FORM', true);
    define('THEMATIC_COMPATIBLE_FEEDLINKS', true);
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. I'm not sure if they need them besides that's the child theme author's call.

I did a quick test on most of Ian's child themes when we introduced those constants but found no css dependancies on the classes they provide.

The constants were designed to support the pre0.9.7.6 Thematic behaviors. They are meant to be optional moving forward.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. joshuaiz

Just started working with 0.9.7.7 on a test site and menus are completely gone. I added the function posted by Chris on page 1 of this thread and nothing at all. Then I added the mimic WP menu function posted on page 1 and still nothing, even though I have defined a menu item in WP admin.

What am I missing here?

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Hello everyone!

I know this issue has been discussed here, I am a beginner in CSS language, HTML or PHP. I do not understand anything, but one thing I know, I loved the "Gallery, the child theme 1.2.1 Thematic ".... so I tried for two whole days to understand how to work this kind of language, I read all the topics on how to solve the bug of the gallery, "put the thumbnails horizontally", 7 columns and 4 lines, as shown in the presentation of sreenshoot .. .
    But without success!
    So, I ask you to please help me with this question!
    if possible do post a detailed and step by step, I and other people who do not know this kind of language we would be eternally grateful!

my site:
    www.fillipecastro.com/portfolio

Thank you very much

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. fillipe - why not just download Gallery and use that?

also 2 days will not be enough time to get your head around everything. start small.

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.